1996-12-15

cc1996 | Christmas Rig | 1996

Christmas Rig, 1996
Watercolor and pencil, 5.5" x 4.25" (personal collection).  Inspired by the constant construction near my home in Texas, the pencil brings out the ruggedness of the semi while the only color draws your attention to the special Christmas freight.
My comments - I was still reproducing the cards myself (color copies) since the number I needed was still small.  That discontinued in 2002 when I began outsourcing the printing (Shutterfly or Snapfsh). It was a chore to cut all the cards and make envelopes but I didn't particularly mind.  I always like this Christmas Rig.  Simplicity can go a long way.

the sketch...


Christmas Rig, 1996
Pencil, ink, and watercolor
As you can see by the top rig, I was still in my quick-drawing sessions for a Christmas card.  I stopped when this idea showed up and slowed down to include much more detail (and switch to pencil).  The candy cane logs made the first cut, but were removed in the final Christmas Rig.


-mm-

No comments: