1999-12-15

cc1999 | Christmas Tassel | 1999

Christmas Tassel, 1999
Watercolor and pencil, 8.5" x 7.5" (personal collection).  The simple decoration on this otherwise ugly corn tassel reminds us how we can make the most of any situation.  This is the year I began "signing" with my Kanji stamp which is a rough translation of my first name.  The final was almost a dead ringer for the sketch.

the sketch...

Card Sketch 1999a
Pencil

Trains were the planned theme for the 1999 card and I looked at many pictures and made several sketches. Then this idea came out of nowhere – and that was it. I drew one sketch (shown) and made the final product. By the way, those are how my best cards happen; wrong track, wrong track, hello completely different idea! (pun intended).

I don't think of myself as cheap, but most of my drawings are on pre-used paper. That should explain the images behind a lot of these sketches.

Go to the Cards or the Galleries

-mm-

No comments: