2003-12-15

cc2003 | North Island Noel | 2003

North Island Noel, 2003
Watercolor, 21" x 15" (private collection). A rather dark theme for a Christmas card.  Let me shed some light on it. I saw this scene (on Japan's North Island) and it really made an impression on me. An amazing, eerie sky and landscape broken by the glow of this steeple.  It beckons you to enter its sanctity and join those celebrating the warmth of a very wonderful night - Christmas Eve.
My comments - I liked the concept and loved the photo of the actual site, but I needed to increase the boldness and contrast.  Holding myself back again. 100 cards were made using Shutterfly.

Musket, 2002, Photograph
North Island Noel (original picture above left) and another shot as we walked by. I'm a sucker for dark scenes with contrasts like this. I was really happy that it turned out. This picture was the inspiration for the Christmas card of the same name. This was taken on the north island of Japan, Hokkaido.

Go to the Cards or the Galleries

-mm-

No comments: