2013-08-16

Kragero, Norway : 201308

I visited Kragerø Norway to see the country, my classmate, and her family. It was a great visit, the scenery was fantastic, and the hosts were super

View from the house I stayed in. Pretty awesome place and you can see the scenery.

 
 The first picture is shown in blue and the red fan is the picture below.

View from the little island in the center of the first picture.

There are cannons on this island (Gunnarsholmen) and we were lucky enough to hear them fire. There is also a little man-made pool here but the water is pumped from the bottom of the North Sea so it's cold! There are a bunch of cabins on these islands and a many of them fly the triangle flag instead of the rectangle versions. I thought they look great.

We took a ferry, the Kragero, out to the southern-most island near Kragero,called Jomfruland. It was an amazingly scenic ride and Jomfruland was also fun to explore.

Pictures of the Kragero ferry.

Some closeups of all the moss on the islands.

The picture on the left was made from the rocks that are all over the island. It and its fence were cool but the rocks can no longer be used for fences or houses. The tree on the right is the largest of its type in Norway, Denmark and Sweden.

 The lighthouse on the island - it's made from metal.

This was taken on the ferry mainly to show how beautiful the skies were.

 
Most of the buildings were immaculately painted just like the Town Hall (left). I had to take pictures of the girl and boy marking the bathrooms...a bit risqué for a public building.

This is from the mainland where you can see the island where I stayed (middle of picture) and the little island with the cannons (just left of the large, beige building).

 I had to post these pictures of the town's largest church because they turned out so well. The sky is amazing and the church is all brick which always amazes me as it's an incredible amount of work. The stone column in the right picture is a monument to those fallen in WWII.

Our last full day, we swam in the North Sea - it was fantastic!  Cold, but fantastic. I had to add this picture because the timing was perfect. And speaking of perfect, take a look at the food we had, courtesy our hosts. This dish was salmon grilled with veggies...delicious.


These two pictures are random. There were a few of these little tricycle motorbikes and I thought there were cool. The picture on the right is a really neat deck kind of imbedded in the rocks.


All I can say is, I'm really glad I visited Norway. Fantastic!

No comments: