2014-01-02

Photography : Change of Year

I went for a coffee with my parents on New Year's Eve and took a few of pics...
Above is a totally random shot. I was kidding my parents about holding on to all their used métro tickets so I grabbed one and stuck it by this flower...for a couple of reasons. First, we were impressed that these flowers were still in such good shape at the end of December and second, I like experimenting with the smartphone camera by forcing it to focus on different parts of the shot (with the intent of blurring other parts of the scene). It worked, but the pic isn't that interesting.

Above is a favorite scene of mine - a classic glimpse of society (apparently across the world). All those awesome "writers" working on their scripts, books and screenplays. Even if they're just checking email or surfing, it's still amusing to me.
Above, a panoramic of the same scene. I liked the couple on the right.

Transitioning into the New Year, here is a cool shot of us playing with some sparklers. I think sparklers are cool so it was a great surprise we I found out we had some! This is at the east end of Champ de Mars.

After taking my parents to the train station, I was walking to the next Velib' station when I came across this church. It is the Église Saint-Laurent. It was nothing overly impressive as there are churches everywhere in Europe, but I really liked how the sun was striking the clock tower. And, it had been cloudy for a few days so the sun and blue sky were great to see again.

fin

No comments: