2014-02-07

Faded Glory - Virtual

So pilots tend to have a room (usually and office) that is adorned with multiple pieces of memorabilia from different locations. Often, they're called a glory room or a glory wall. Some of my stuff is getting really outdated and since I move all the time, I thought I'd just make a virtual glory room. And, stop moving this stuff with me. 
Left: Duke of Nuke. This was a contest to deliver a bomb graded by timing and accuracy, although I would argue the timing with this type of bomb is much more critical than the placement. By the way, I was in the 308th Fighter Squadron and it was completely awesome! Never judge a book (or squadron) by its cover (or patch). Right: my "wood" from possibly the best squadron in the world - the Pantons of the 35th Fighter Squadron!

Left: My wood from the World Famous, Highly Respected Triple Nickel. It was great to be a part of this squadron as its legend does nothing more than continue to grow. Right: my distinguished graduate plaque from the Emerald Knights of the 308th Fighter Squadron. What a night that was! A side note on the 308th ... they knighted me "Musket" and I've kept the name ever since. I love the name and keeping a FTU (fighter training unit) name is a rarity.

No comments: