2015-07-19

Recurrent: 2015-07

After about seven years, I finally regained my currency in general aviation! Bout time.

I chose American Aviation because they were immediately available and I thought it would be cool to fly with an 88 year old pilot - Rudy Welch. In the end, it was great to fly with him.  He has over 21,000 hours so he's pretty unflappable. Above left is the hangar and on the right is the Cessna 172 we used - N9550. It's their only aircraft for rent and I expect I will be renting in in the future.

In my opinion, there is noting like an uncontrolled airfield.  Almost zero time is spent on radio dialog and it really embodies general aviation. Just look at this photo.  It is out in the middle of nowhere and has a beauty all its own.  This is the north end of Meadow Lake airfield where I flew as a cadet and it's great to be flying there again!

- mm -

No comments: