1993-08-03

Bowling Lane and Pin Field | 1993

Bowling Lane, 1993
Pencil
I’m a big fan of bowling and something that always adds to the experience is the décor of most alleys. The furniture, the wall art, the shoes - it’s so good. I was thinking how cool it’d be to bowl outside and this is where I’d like to roll. I was in California when I drew this and you can see that reflected in the foliage. Imagine the day having your ideal weather and those rocket pins flying around for extra excitement. Sign me up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pin Field, 1993
Pencil
This was drawn alongside Bowling Lane. I think this is where pins go when they’ve been hit too many times. You’ll notice they get there by streaking in from the sky. I was at Vandenberg AFB when I drew this so I must have been influenced by the thought of MIRVs entering the atmosphere.


-mm-

No comments: