1994-07-14

Frisco | 1994


Frisco, Happy
1994, watercolor and ink
This should actually be in the Custom Work section of the gallery. The friend I painted it for named him Frisco. He was hung in the bathroom and was subject to the humidity there. To be honest, he probably like that.

~~~~~~

Frisco, Not So Happy
1994, Watercolor an ink
The original Frisco made me think how he’d look if there were another lily pad with no one there. Obviously, he’d be pretty sad. Frisco is a classic example of going bold. I think the picture is much better with stark contrast and dark colors. I usually don’t do that, and that’s something I try to change.

the sketch~~~~

Frisco Sketch
1994, pencil
This turned into the Sad Frisco, but I don’t remember if both Happy and Sad Frisco evolved from this or if Happy had a separate drawing.

go to Miscellany or the Galleries

-mm-

No comments: