2015-12-06

Messiah : 2015-12

I stumbled across a cassette of the Messiah in 1996 a couple of days before I drove home for Christmas break. I noticed "Alleluia" in the track list and thought that was familiar. I listened to that tape the entire way home and the rest was history. It is now a thing of mine to attend the Messiah live if it's ever a possibility. Luckily I found a performance in C Springs in a downtown Methodist church. And even better, Ashley met me there! It was a great afternoon! Ashley had never seen it and it had been two years for me. Also, Ashley looked beautiful that day and made it my best Messiah ever.

The venue was the First United Methodist Church and they actually had plenty of space for the orchestra, soloists and choir. By the way, there is no other way to see the Messiah without a full choir - it just gives you goosebumps.


This is the program and one of our tickets. I scanned the program since it listed all the lyrics. Handel wrote this in 24 days! The pics are small here, but if you click on them, they're high res.

Cover and Page 2 

Page 3 and 4


Page 5 and 6
Page 7 and back cover 

- mm -

No comments: