2016-03-31

Yoga Readiness Initiative (YRI) Patch | 2016-03

A friend asked me to make a graphic (for a patch) for a Yoga Readiness Initiative she was working on. I was on the road so it was a perfect project as it gave me plenty note-taking (sketches) material. The first image below is the one they selected and several working versions/sketches follow.

Their final choice (left) although I preferred the legs on the right version.

I like threes (among other number sets) and triangles are the strongest shape so I tried to incorporate those into the sitting pose. The red inverted triangle was to show the heart and the curve shows change, movement, and an increase in readiness. The camouflage background was by request.

I was going with a blue background (red, white, and blue) and was trying to get a star involved. I like stars and all they can symbolize. You can see I even had a triangle head for some versions. I'm not sure what brought in the arc, but I would blame some of my sketches (below) and the desire to show movement and change. I was surprised how well-liked the curve was. 


More versions. I went with green but the camouflage was preferred.

This was a version I liked. I like koi and how fish move. It was probably too distracting from the human focus of the readiness initiative.

Several sketches ~~~~~~

The first sketches after getting the triangle/sitting pose idea (left). Bird focus on the right.

 
Geometric concepts and you can see the fish's appearance on the right.

-mm-

No comments: