2016-12-04

CC2016 | Combat Christmas | 2016-12

Combat Christmas
10 December 2016
Acrylic on canvas
20 x 16 inches

FOR SALE -

From the card, "Combat is an interesting thing and so are the surroundings.  I have seen this sculpture almost every day and it continues to grab my attention.  Yes it is ugly and trash but it remains constant and steadfast.  The out-of-place box adds order to the disarray and is almost a beacon in the desert landscape.  For me, it is a daily reminder of the power of people and the power of faith.  They are that beacon and stability. They provide a calm in the uncertainty of life.  And I am every grateful for them."
My comments - this was the 25th Musket Media Christmas Card, and my second acrylic.  I'm becoming a fan of acrylic.  Works like, and different, than watercolor, is relatively cheap, dries quickly and is easy to manage/clean.
~~~~~


I think I sketched it a few times and I had to dig through my 'notes' to find it.  This is a tiny sketch so I've highlighted it.  Almost looks like the final version.

Original site of the Combat Christmas Tree.  Interestingly enough, the tree was removed (for the most part) only a few days after I painted it.  Funny how that works.

Return to the Cards or Galleries

Retrofitted a frame for Combat Christmas in 2022.

-mm-

No comments: