2019-10-07

First Robin Flight: 2019-10

I was lucky enough to 1) reconnect with a friend from combat 2) fly some acrobatics again and 3) take my first flight in a Robin aircraft - a Robin R2160.  Gimli is the owner and we re-met by location (both being in Virginia).  Simply put, it was an epic day for me - perfect weather (clouds included) and the ability to fly a higher-G airplane.  We executed aileron rolls, snap rolls, slice backs, some cloud chasing and spins. He even let me land it which was very nice of him. I hadn't spun since 1996 (T-37s) and it was a fun as it's always been.  It was one of those days where you wish you could paint real-time.  We could even see our propeller arc against some of the darker clouds. I was beside myself and couldn't thank him enough.  It made me want to buy an RV-8 even more than I already do.

N2160Z - a Robin R2160.  The owner hasn't named her other than "Robin".


Thank you, Gimli!

- mm -

No comments: