2024-03-30

2024-03 : Stones Will Cry

Stones Will Cry
30 March 2024
Acrylic on canvas
14 x 18 in (35.6 x 45.7 cm)

“I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”
Luke 19:40


This was another painting for a call far art called "ART ALOUD". It was Easter weekend so I wanted to paint something as a tribute to He who allows me to paint. This was a very frustrating painting. The gif below shows how much it transformed, but if it were actually filmed, you could better appreciate my frustration. The original canvas deserves some attention. It was a vase of daisies and was painted 49 years ago. That was pretty cool. There was a note on the back from Mozelle to her mother. It reminds me how a simple note can add a lot of history.

The gif took place in one morning.  Stones Will Cry in the frame in which it was purchased.

- mm -

No comments: