2024-04-01

Pierced One : 2024-04

Pierced One
01 April 2024
Acrylic on hardboard
12.25 x 21 in (31.1 x 53.3 cm)

“They shall look on Him whom they pierced.”


This was an Easter tribute that I wanted to enter in a call for art, but didn't finish it in time. I was rather pleased with it and doing the Roman guard with no reference added to that pleasure. The quote is from John 19:37, but he is actually referencing back to Zechariah. Zechariah 12:10, to be exact. I also relearned this Easter that Psalms 22 predicts much of what happens on Good Friday. 

This gif covers three days - started after Good Friday and didn't finish until a day after Easter.

The hardboard was cut to fit this frame which was holding a copy of
With My Rabbit by Hélène LÉVEILLÉE. I didn't plan to use the mat, but
it looked better than I thought - if you're willing to lose some of the image.

- mm -

No comments: