2024-04-04

Keep Walking : 2024-04

Keep Walking
04 April 2024
Acrylic on board
9 x 11 in (22.9 x 27.9 cm)

It's easy to do but often some level of guilt creeps in.


I made a frame from left over edges and cut a board to fit. I played with some custom finish(es) on the frame. The end result (shown below) was something of a gold, bronze, black finish. I was more pleased than I thought I'd be. However, I still had a 9x11 board without a subject. I was reading a Smithsonian magazine which my brother gives as a gift (great gift, by the way) and came across some pictures from Sep-Oct 1941. They reminded me of the rather scary reality that humans can let almost anything become 'normal'. The though of 'just keep walking' or 'it's not my problem' really facilitates that normalness.

The gif covers about a day and a half.  The frame seems a good fit.

- mm -

No comments: