2004-12-31

Summary | 2004

15 NOV 2004: Musket refinished...it seems woodworking (at least the attempt) may run in the family. I recently tried my hand at revamping these end tables and the result can be seen in the Miscellany gallery.

01 NOV 2004: Musket branded with new logo...this is now the third 'logo' I've developed. I received some feedback about the previous version that I had to admit was true. Ranging from Queensryche to Bacardi, I agreed and thought I'd make a departure. See it here .

31 OCT 2004: Musket Masked...cardboard is always an interesting medium - I've used it for radios and used it recently for a mask. You can see it in the Custom Gallery.

30 OCT 2004: Guardian sketches added...the finish painting, Guardian, has been posted for some time, but the working sketches are now presented in the Evolved Sketches Gallery.

01 OCT 2004: 'Kilo' Gallery added...a friend and fellow pilot, Tim 'Kilo' Piccin does some great work with concrete. His work is now in the Other Artists gallery.

17 JUL 2004
: Back in Europe...After my short stint in the States, I am again back in Europe. This time it's in Italy. I am a part of the world famous, highly respected Triple Nickel, aka 555 Fighter Squadron.


On the way through Austria, we stayed at the Hotel Auersperg (webpage or map) and Salzburg itself was a very cool town to visit.

We didn't have that much time but did visit the fortress.

29 JUN 2004: Artisan Woods now has web presence...my brother, Marco, does some incredible, completely custom woodworking which you may have already seen in the Other Artists Gallery. He now has his own website with work not seen here at: artisanwoods.com.

05 JUN 2004: American Legend / Hero passes on...Ronald Wilson Reagan (06 February 1911 - 05 June 2004) was an American hero and made it his mission to end the Cold War - which he did. Sadly, the end of Reagan's life was rather isolated from the public as he was battling Alzheimer's for almost a decade. There is a tribute to him at www.dussault.ws and you can read his biography at The White House home page.

07 MAY 2004
: TX in TX...Getting back into the F-16 requires a TX Course (a short course for those with previous experience). I assumed I’d be going to Luke (in Phoenix) but the location showed up at Kelly AFB in Texas. I was surprised and a little hesitant - didn’t even know it was offered in Texas.

12 APR 2004: Art is now for sale...As you browse the galleries, you'll notice a few pieces of art are now for sale. You can also order past Christmas cards. The quickest way to see all pieces for sale is in the gallery store.

28 APR 2004: German departure...as April drew to a close, so did my time in Germany. It was a great time, passed too quickly and I'll miss many things. I am now between locations - a quick course in Texas before jetting back to Europe. This time I'll be in Italy.

07 APR 2004: A sad day, a good day...Friend and art contributor, Pyro, informed me his artwork collection was lost in his recent move. Not some of the art, but all of it - his work and his collections. As he said, you shouldn't get attached to your belongings, but it hurts when those lost are the irreplaceable items. As an upside, a painting of his that I was lucky enough to own has been added.

26 MAR 2004: New additions to Pyro's Gallery...I am happy to post two more of Pyro's works. One is a Christmas card from 2000 and the other is a spin off of the famous Warhol soup cans, WWAD. You can see Pyro's entire collection here.

20 MAR 2004: New painting added to Custom Work...The end of my time in Germany aligns with the departure of a coworker who has become a good friend (you need all the friends you can get when working with the Army). You can't hold it against him but he flies the F-15C so he will be going to Tyndall and then Eglin. The painting, Better Dace, marks our return to fighters and better days.

27 FEB 2004: Pilot and friend dies in A-10 accident...Captain Jonathan Scheer, USAF, suffered a mishap in his A-10 Thunderbolt II shortly after takeoff from Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska. He will be missed very much.
27 FEB 2004: ASCI 602 added to Resource...the first class I took for my masters was ASCI 602, The Air Transportation System. I wrote several small articles, but the most significant was a report on the current position of airlines.

10 FEB 2004
: Open Book Exam 2 (essay) posted...people don't often think of audio as a display. The F-16 incorporates audile displays very effectively in the cockpit. This paper examines how it's done and how it could possibly be made better. You can read it here.

29 JAN 2004: Display design exercise...another essay, this exercise looks at the ingenious invention of the upfront controls of the F-16. Comprised of the Data Entry Display (DED) and the Integrated Control Panel (ICP), this design was not only an innovation, it set the F-16 apart from any jet at the time. You can read it here.

23 JAN 2004: Discussion Set 3...The third set of discussion questions were posted for my current class. We were to pick one topic and write a discussion. I opted for the question on auditory displays and it can be found here.

11 JAN 2004: Essay Published for ASCI604...My first open book exam (which was a paper) is now online and deals with the effects of smoking / nicotine on night vision - particularly a pilot's night vision. See it here.

06 JAN 2004: Two Christmas cards released...I waited to release both of the Christmas Cards for 2003 - both being mine and Pyro Podolak's. You can see both here:

Pyro's 2003 Card - "Four Season's of Rice"

My 2003 Card - "North Island Noel"

- mm -

No comments: