2014-12-28

Worldwide Cards : 2014-12

I wanted to capture some of the places I've been and thought I'd take the poster approach - similar to the posters of yore. I love how they capture a feeling, an experience, a moment in time; and with such a simplistic presentation. Initially I'm putting these images on note cards. I think I'll make some more. All these were made in PowerPoint and are electronic (or printed) only.

 
Board Courchevel, 2014 ~~~~ Winning Athens, 2014

Above left, I took a great ski trip to Courchevel, part of the Les Trois Vallées in France. I snowboard which continues to bother skiers for some reason so I had to make sure to capture that and even hung one on the classic ski lifts. On the right, my trip to Athens. I could have done a hundred images but I used a statue from a museum as a model. He has a classic look and the javelin (which I added) ties nicely to the sources of the Games.

Swim Norway, 2014


I was lucky to finally visit Norway and it was a fantastic visit - friends and weather and scenery. This doesn't exactly capture our swimming adventure, but we swam in the North Sea. It was awesome. Read more and see more pics from the trip and see the original Swim Norway.

- mm -

No comments: