2006-01-01

Pete Bird

Pete "Birdman" Bird
I flew with Birdman in Japan. He's gone through quite a bit lately and has used poetry to express / vocalize his feelings. It's taken me a little too long to post them, but here they are. Birdman also contributed some photography a few years ago - Sunny Dace and Frosty Post (shown below)...thanks Birdman.

 
Sunny Dace (above right)
Pete Bird, Photograph, 2004
I was lucky to re-established contact with a friend from Misawa, Pete Bird. After visiting the site, he sent me this amazing postcard quality shot. He dubbed it Sunny Dace - which is perfect. 'Birdman' is doing well, is out of the Air Force and has his own company - Fidalgo Restoration - which restores log homes. Check out his site. Pete took this great pic on San Juan Island, WA. Thanks Pete

His poetry~~~~~~

Birdman 01
My thoughts race, along with my heart
At the thought of losing you
Can’t stop the love that melts my heart and clouds my mind
Memories of a touch, a smile and those shimmering green eyes
living and breathing for your laugh and smile....capture me
Alone with my despair, dark with dread....why?
Hurting love, venomous words, regret again
voice in my head conflicted with doubt
longing for you, to hold and caress, nestled in my arms forever
soft sweet breath and your loving touch, making love and making up
our souls conflict in tug of war
only love explains the pain we endure

Birdman 02 
Twist of fate, life passing by
a blur without meaning, destination in sight
miles ahead, passive faces...empty spaces
meaningful for some, if you can believe
others suffering with indecision and doubt
stagnated with vice
can't seem to tear away from the grip
fighting the demons laying waste
one step away from the final answer
failed promise to break the chain
destined to be the same
hurt and shame continue
passed on again

Birdman 03
Battle of wills collide
Man versus woman with hearts on the line
Can't make sense when emotions flare
bottled up resentment, baggage; failed expectations...who fights fair?
defensive crouch upon attack, ready to fight at the drop of a hat
hating the one you love, beyond reason or sense....primal response
anger inflated, infuriated...jealousy and rage narrow focus inside
who can beat the determined foe
when consumed from within....
love will prevail

-mm-

No comments: