2005-12-31

Summary | 2005

29 December 2005: OIF Nickel Legacy Mural...unlike the patches, my artwork was used for a mural we left behind after a four-month deployment to Iraq. The mural is on the Custom work page.


August 2005:
Unused Art - OIF Patches: I was asked to make some drawings for a patch my squadron would wear on a deployment, but as often happens, they weren't used. Maybe I should start charging for sketches - used or not. My two submissions can be found on the Custom work page.

June 2006:
The Surprise of David...in June 2005, I traveled to Firenze (Florence) Italy with Doreen and was excited to see David. I always told people I have to get to Italy to see David. Usually, people would ask who that was - assuming a reference to someone I knew - but when I told them Michelangelo's David, it became clear what I meant. It was interesting to discover there were multiple statues made in Italy within 200 years - all masterpieces. So started the surprise...


12 June 2005: Cain Frog time...I painted two frogs on commission for a lady who has assumed the title of Frog Lady for her town. She started a frog festival for her town in upper Michigan and it really caught on. I think she plans on incorporating these frogs into the festival somehow. The two frogs are in Custom work.

07 MAY 05:
Arizona Paint Practice...I hadn't really painted since Christmas King so I thought I needed to practice. I didn't bring my supplies so I had to improvise and as you can see by these paintings, I need much more practice. The three samples are in the fourth page of general sketches.

April 05:
Visit to Phoenix Art Museum...I had the opportunity to visit the gallery while on a trip to Phoenix. Click here to see some of my favorites. You can also read more online about the Phoenix Art Museum

07 APR 05: Doreen's New Gallery...Doreen has been taking some great pictures and I thought it's time to share them with others. The gallery is just starting so watch for more additions. See the great pics in her section of other artists.

31 JAN 05: Pyro Paints...Pyro has been busy and there are three new paintings in his gallery! His oil work has become much more than a hobby. See them all in his section of other artists.

29 JAN 05:
the Venice Carnavale...Doreen and I attended our first Venetian Carnavale in full drag. You can see our costumes in the Doreen's gallery.

16 JAN 05:
My 2004 card, Christmas King goes public...the 'king' is out and with him comes another non-Christmas theme card. Also posted are 11 corresponding sketches. Click here for the sketches or the final.

01 JAN 2005: Jenn Storck's 2004 card, Christmas Cactus...Jenn Storck is not only exploring photography, she's taking awesome pictures. This shot was used as her 2004 card. See it and more in her section of Other Artists.

01 JAN 2005: Pryo releases his 2004 card, Sawtooth Christmas...Pyro outdid himself with his 2004 card. Sawtooth Christmas can be seen in its full glory in Pryo's section of the Other Artist Gallery.

- mm -

No comments: