2024-04-09

Rufus Hunt : 2024-04

Rufus Hunt
09 April 2024
Acrylic on wood
7.75 x 24.25 in (19.7 x 61.6 cm)

The hunt will cover a lot of territory.


I found another well-priced frame but it had quite the unusual dimensions. I wanted to work on rock formations and people. So I prepped a piece of wood from an old dresser and kind of followed the motif of Buffalo County and Long Mount. I liked the very first sky with the streaked orange and blue, but I also wanted some dramatic clouds in there. I was pretty happy with the end result.

The gif covers six days - but I lost track of actual time spent painting.
Above right is the frame it was designed to fit. 

This was image in the frame when purposed. I was entertaining "Living Room" as the title.
It would have worked as the cowboy is in a pretty cool and very spacious living room.
However, I thought I'd go with something a little more pertinent to the gun.

- mm -

No comments: