2024-02-12

Buffalo County : 2024-02

Buffalo County
11 February 2024
Acrylic on wood
11 x 17 in (27.9 x 43.2 cm)


This was a painting I conceptualized very quickly and painted quickly - most of it. I painted everything minus the buffalo over three days. However, I let the buffalo get into my mind (over thought it) so it sat for another 20ish days. I finally got over the hurdle and just did it, and was pretty happy with him. One thing that wasn't as desired / planned was his size. The initial vision was he was going to fill much more of the scene. As far as the size, the wood was cut to fit a pretty cool frame I found and refurbished. I imagined it being a perfect fit, but seeing them together, I'm kind of on the fence. 

A gif showing some of the progress - about 25 days elapsed.

This was the intended frame. I knew it would fit (size-wise) because I cut the wood to fit.
That is one thing I like about using surfaces other than canvas - made to fit.

- mm -

No comments: