2024-02-22

Long Mount : 2024-02

Long Mount
22 February 2024
Acrylic on hardboard
11 x 17 in (27.9 x 43.2 cm)

The journey has only begun.


Amazingly, we found a frame that was the sister to the frame holding Buffalo County. It was priced a bit more than I would have hoped, but I had to get it. I thought I'd go with a similar concept. The skies, animals and dirt are different, but not so much. In my normal fashion, I finished the sky, hills and basin rather quickly, then sat awhile on the horse and rider. It's kind of a courage play for me - especially when I am happy with the background. I just have to make that first stroke of the horse and make it work.

This is the frame. While very similar, the boards are convex, while concave in the other frame.
The gif doesn't show a lot of the steps - I was a bit lazy on this one. It shows about four days.

- mm -

No comments: