2011-01-05

utah museum of fine arts

Under Construction...
Visited the Utah Museum of Fine Arts (UMFA) and it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I visited on a Wednesday because that's the day it's open late. And, it just happened to be a free night. How cool is that? Here are some of the pieces that struck a chord with we and/or I was just happy to see:
I might use this body mask in a paining someday
Two more northwest masks [Raven (l) and Hawk (r)]. I appreciate
the northwest style and masks can be cool on their own

A northwest hawk mask and Joan of Arc by Georges Rouault

Landscape paintings are almost binary - you like them or naaaa. I always like
those that dynamically capture mountains/cliffs and awesome skies.
Edgar Alwin Payne's Red Mesa is on the right

For some reason vertical development always grabs my attention - maybe
because I fly. That captured with strong skies is a great combination.
L. Maynard Dixon's Autumn Knoll Poplars (l) and unknown copy of Whirlpool Nauruto

Just included the maps for your perusal / use

No comments: