1997-02-08

Jeticatures | 1997-02

Jeticatures, 1997
Pencil and ink on paper, various sizes, various collections. These jets were made into cards for the great guys in pilot training class. It was my way of telling them how awesome they made that year for me. I also made a C-21 and F-15 Eagle, but I can't get copies. The Hornet was made as a graphic for a briefing three years earlier. While partial to the F16, I was very happy with the E-3 Sentry.


F-16 Fighting Falcon, 1997
Pencil and Ink, 5" x 7", various collections. Also called the "Viper" by its pilots, this jet is an incredible piece of machinery. I am very blessed to fly one, and those that fly it with me are the best in the world. I have been a part of four fighter squadrons (308 FS, 35 FS, 14 FS and 555 FS) all of which were awesome. (The patches are shown below).

~~~~~


A10 Thunderbolt II, 1997
Pencil and Ink, 5" x 7", multiple collections. Also called the "Hawg" or "Warthog", this aircraft is notorious for being the ugliest. However, this jet brings an impressive punch to any fight.
~~~~~

E-3 Sentry, 1997
Pencil and Ink, 5" x 7", private collection. The Sentry - as it helps guard our skies - is also referred to as the "AWACS". Although an aging airframe, this wide-body makes a lethal team with the fighters it controls.
~~~~~

F-18 Hornet, 1994
Pencil and Ink, 4" x 8". The Hornet is the Navy's premier multi-role fighter. As a Viper driver, I can't rightfully support the Navy, but I have always liked the look of the F-18.


-mm-

No comments: