2022-01-13

Yellowjacket Ferry : 2022-01

I ferried a Cessna 172E from KFLY to KJVY.  I learned that they weren't called Skyhawks yet, the Continental engine (O-300, 145 HP) was standard, and has a manual flap lever. The O-300 is a six cylinder engine which is nice as they 'rumble' instead of 'banging'. This was probably my worst picture-taking event. I literally took zero pictures as I was racing against the sun.

Because I'm sometimes horrible about taking pictures, this is the only pic I have of Yellowjacket.


This is the route, KFLY to KRSL to KCOU to KJVY.
Or. Meadow Lake CO to Russell KS to Columbia MS to Jeffersonville IN.
885 miles, 9 hours.

The only oddity I encountered was a callout from ATC that I was about to hit a MOA. As you can see above, I thought I was (and would remain) clear of the MOA.  I think Kansas City Center has less fidelity than I do, In the end, it was a great flight for endurance training and the mission was accomplished.

Shots of Russell (left) and Columbia. Of note, the fuel was very pricey at KCOU. I should've jumped over to KFTT (Elton Hensley Memorial) literally just 10 miles further. I normally don't use towered fields on ferry trips, so I thought I'd change it up a bit. You pay for what you want.

- FIG -


No comments: