2023-05-23

Buttons : 2023-05

Buttons, 2023
Acrylic on canvas, 24 x 36 in (60.9 x 76.2 cm)

Somedays it seems I press so many buttons, they just keep coming. 

I started with the beige/tan outlines and really liked how they seemed to be floating and moving across the canvas. After I laid down the grass, they seemed to jump to life. I wanted to stay bold so the sky isn't very refined. The buttons needed as much contrast as I could give them. 

I was still playing with the button surfaces - these were a bit more retro. There's a lot of magenta because I wanted to enter "Buttons" into a gallery show. Looking back, I think it would have been a bit better (for contrast if nothing else) to return the edge of the buttons to the original beige/tan color. But, I do like how the orange color differentiates a bit from the kicked up dirt.

In its frame I made for it. I like its simplicity.

- mm -

No comments: