2024-03-13

Sixth Day : 2024-03

Sixth Day
13 March 2024
Acrylic on canvas
18 x 24 in (45.7 x 60.9 cm)

"He waited seven more days...but this time it did not return to him."


There was a call for art, TEMPEST, where the object was to render a natural disaster, communicating physical immensity and depth of feeling. I would say a global flood certainly counts as a natural disaster. I love the story and storms clouds are always fun to make. The quote above is from Genesis 8:12 and is before the dove doesn't return. The title, the presence of rocks and the glimmer of sunlight tell us the flood is about to recede. This was also the first time I tried lightening. The first attempt was with a palette knife but it was a little too straight. The final bolts are much fainter and I used a brush. UPDATE: 25 MAR 24 - I made the ark a bit more sturdy and I think less like a toy boat.

A gif showing the progress (with original ark). Ironically, it shows six days passing.

Here is Sixth Day in a frame with a custom border/mat.
I took it from Cain's Warning and thought it was a great fit.

- mm -

No comments: