2024-08-24

Jangmi : 2024-08

Jangmi
24 August 2024
Acrylic on hardboard
9.75 x 24 in (24.8 x 60.9 cm)


I needed to paint something as I was a bit mired in the Kroger project and work. Good problems to have but I still needed to paint. What to paint can be an issue, so I painted some flowers K recently purchased. The actual vase is pink but almost the same color as the flowers so I changed it up. I had a frame that was sitting around so I painted this to fit. It was an embroidered Bible verse in Korean so I called this Jangmi. It was a good exercise and flowers and glass are always good practice.

This was the original piece in the frame I used.

I can't decide which I like better - with or without the mat. I think they both work.
I packed them together so it remains an option to switch. 

- mm -

No comments: