2026-08-27

Alum : 2026-08

Alum
27 August 2026
Acrylic on canvas
20 x 16 in (50.8 x 40.6 cm)


This painting was to experiment with a sky primarily made with washes. The orange was placed first and after it was thoroughly dried, I applied a very well sky. I added a slight darker, second wash to the lower and right area of the sky which is very subtle. I was going to add more layers and/or colors but I thought it stood on its own pretty well. I left it alone for now. The title comes from a hotel in which I saw a painting that gave me the idea for this painting. 

This is the frame currently holding Alum - I made it with Radiata or Monterey pine.
This one has a green primer added which does a great job matching the terrain and trees.

- mm -

No comments: