2011-02-26

bible notes

Wanted to start a post to collect notes from Bible readings and/or studies...

  • A great genealogy chart (Old Testament)
  • Numbers 12:3 - Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.
  • Numbers 21:4-9 - The bronze snake...all they had to do was look at it and they were saved.
  • Numbers 33 | Lists the stages of the Israelite journey out of Egypt. Here's a pretty good map
  • Deuteronomy 9:5 - It is not because of your righteousness or your integrity that you are going in to take possession of their land; but on account of the wickedness of these nations, the LORD your God will drive them out before you, to accomplish what he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. (key difference in the Lord removing a nation/people vice people themselves removing a nation/people)
  • Deuteronomy 12:8 - You are not to do as we do here today, everyone doing as they see fit...
  • Deuteronomy 12:32 - See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it.
  • Deuteronomy 31:8 - The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
  • Deuteronomy 32:39 - “See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.
  • Psalms 19:13 - Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin.
  • Psalms 37:4 - Take delight in the Lord and he will give you your heart's desires.
  • Psalms 55:16 - As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord shall save me.
  • Psalms 56:11 - In God have I put my trust; I will not be afraid of what man can do to me. 
  • Psalms 103:2 - Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.
  • Psalms 111:10 - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom
  • Psalms 118:3 - Let the house of Aaron say: “His love endures forever.”
  • Psalms 119:45 - I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments.
  • Psalms 139 - the entire chapter
  • Proverbs 3:6 - Seek His will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
  • Proverbs 10:12 - Hatred stirs up quarrels, but love makes up for all offenses.
  • Proverbs 11:2 - Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
  • Proverbs 12:15 - Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others.
  • Proverbs 12:22 - The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in those who tell the truth.
  • Proverbs 15:1 - A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare.
  • Proverbs 18:13 - He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
  • Proverbs 27:2 - Let someone else praise you, not your own mouth - a stranger, not your own lips.
  • Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
  • Job 37:5 - God's voice is glorious in the thunder. We can't even imagine the greatness of his power.
  • Ecclesiastes 7-9
  • Ecclesiastes 8:15 - So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun. 
  • Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
  • Mark 10:18 - “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone".
  • Luke 6:14 - Lists the twelve disciples.
  • Luke 6:31 - Do to others as you would like them to do to you.
  • Luke 6:46 - “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?"
  • Luke 7:28 - I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.
  • John 7:24 - Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.
  • John 15:13 - There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.
  • Romans 12:16 - Live in harmony with each other. Don't be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don't think you know it all! 
  • 1 Corinthians 1:31 - Therefore, as it is written: Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.
  • 1 Corinthians 4:4 - My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.
  • 1 Corinthians 6:20 - You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
  • 1 Corinthians 12:18 - But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be!
  • 1 Corinthians 13 - The entire chapter - on love.
  • 1 Corinthians 13:7 - Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
  • 1 Corinthians 13:13 - And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
  • 1 Corinthians 14:20 - Brothers and sisters, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.
  • Ephesians 4:2 - Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each others faults because of your love.
  • Philippians 4-6 - Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 
  • Colossians 3: 23 - Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
  • 1 Thessalonians 4:7 - God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives.
  • 1 Timothy 6:8 - So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.
  • James 1:19 - Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath
  • 1 Peter 5:6 - So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.

- mm -

No comments: