2011-02-26

fatbob departed

I had to let my K2 Fatbob go after 12 years of flawless service - 12 years almost to the day. There was already some de-laminating, but after taking a boulder, my toe edge departed beyond repair. Also, that board gave me several good years of service and probably cost less than $15 a year.
My K2 Fatbob - the original Fatty
Detail of my K2 when they were still made in the USA
I purchased a new board, a Sims Quest. It's a cm longer (159  vice 158), and it's a rocker style; the Fatbob was a traditional chamber. The store had an awesome K2 but it had a bad gouge on the base. So I used the purchase as a transition to the rocker style. Rockers have an edge that start further from the tips and tend to be more forgiving in turns and powder (but slightly less responsive than a chamber).
New board, Sims Quest and a transition to a rocker style

- mm -

No comments: