2017-10-08

Book of Mormon | 2017-11

I finally saw Parker and Stone's (South Park) Book of Mormon. Saw it for a few reasons; 1) I actually appreciate their writing and work (Trey Parker much more than Stone.  Parker is actually quite the workhorse) 2) because it'd received the reviews it did (9 Tony Awards plus many more) and 3) it was sold out quite often (it's ranked with Lion King, Chicago, and Jersey Boys).
But here's my review.  7.  I appreciated the creative work and music and performance by the actors, but it's not much more than a 7.  However, after writing this, it's kind of an 11 - only because Trey Parker is all about parody of hype.  He made a show about Wicked (ranked among Book of Mormon) so I think he laughs about all the hype regardless of the content.  He wouldn't rank it a 7 because of the work he put into it, but I'm sure he loves that it feeds on itself.

My brochure from the event.

- mm -

No comments: