2017-11-18

Fort Monroe | 2017-11

I visited Ft Monroe National Monument - which is kind of a strange place.  It's basically walk around and see what you want.  And you can drive into the fort, but you can't really tell if it's really allowed.  Kind of hard to explain.  But it was a good place to see and chock full of history. 

This is a view from the fortress looking south toward the lighthouse.

The gate marking the Jefferson Davis Memorial Park.  Also strange because it's very nondescript.

Moss pouring out of a giant cave.  It's not giant...it's about a 1/2 inch wide.  Moss is amazing. I would consider this part of the Secret World of Moss.

I walked out to the lighthouse...great walk by the way, with very scenic homes and landscape.  I took a pic of the sign, and was pleasantly surprised that the actual lighthouse centered on the sign.  Totally fortuitous shot.  I took another of just the lighthouse since the time of day offered some cool lighting. 

- mm -

No comments: