2023-01-14

Waiting for You : 2023-01

Waiting for You
14 January 2023
Acrylic on canvas
16 x 20 inches (41 x 51 cm)

Sometimes waiting is so painful you can almost feel yourself dying slowly. 

The idea came to me while waiting in Goodwill and was to be titled the same, but I have nothing against Goodwill. And the pain isn't the store...it's the wait. The original scene was going to be a bit more violent but I thought a more peaceful wait is more relatable.

The paining is on a repurpose canvas from I assume a painting event - we'll call it October Charm. It was a cheap canvas. I have a full tube of red so I made the first sketch of man waiting in red.

As I was filling in the background, I was debating as to add things to the room or not. I think I stayed away from adding 'stuff' to keep the focus on the waiter.

Laid the waiter down on the table and bulked up the table. In the the final I smoothed out the background and changed the pants so the outfit didn't seem so much like a jumpsuit.

Custom made frame with black accent and recess.

- mm -

No comments: