2023-04-01

Perfectly Painted : 2023-04

Kimberly and I spend April Fool's Day visiting the Paint Mines Interpretive Park near Calhan. I had only seen it from the air and thought it would be a cool adventure.  Kimberly agreed (and I kept it a surprise).  On the way, we found Cadillac Jack's Antique Store which was a nice addition and we ate at Roosters Grille and Pizzeria on the way home - all in the huge metropolis of Calhan (755 people).

Us just getting to the "formations".  I take the selfies - arm's longer.

On the left is Cadillac Jack's Antique Store and on the right, the marker near the park.

I like these two shots - the day was incredible.  Very windy, but beautiful.

Kimberly deciding which way to go and some camera test on lichen.  Found out lichen is neither a plant or an animal.  They're organisms unlike any on earth. 

More camera work (multi focus) and Kimberly getting ready for a couples shot.

This is the couples shot - looking to the future.

A shot of the painted mine and two rocks sharing a moment.

I liked this shot and I like how the shrubs were out of focus.

Another shot of the mines and a close up of some nicely cut rocks (with Kimberly in the background).

This was a great little adventure and the park is pretty well laid out.  You can take multiple paths around the area and formations.  I think we probably walked about four miles by the time we departed.  One path takes you on a hill where you can see some windmills and the prairies look great.  If you're ever near the area, I would highly recommend a visit...and it's free!

- mm -

No comments: