2023-05-30

My Sunflower : 2023-05

My Sunflower, 2023
Acrylic on canvas
18 x 24 inches (45.7 x 61 cm)

My Sunflower in her sunflower sweater watches the thunderstorms grow.

I didn't take many pictures along the way. The first picture I took was after I thought I was done with the background and placed a drawing of K on the canvas. It helped me with placement and proportion. After I painted her on, the clouds were starting to bother me. I bit too cartoony / not realistic enough for me (that's the middle picture). The right picture is after I began to adjust the clouds. The final picture doesn't do them a lot of justice, but I was much happier with them.

I kept the sketch of K and found a pretty fitting frame for it. It's almost better
than the final painting. Maybe I should draw more - and more often.

- mm -

No comments: