2023-10-29

Colonel Grit : 2023-10

Colonel Grit
29 October 2023
Acrylic on canvas
48 x 60 in (121.9 x 152.4 cm)

I am grateful for this cowgirl.

I purchased a 4 x 5 foot canvas with Kimberly months ago and I told her it was for her. It just so happened that I had the perfect push to finally paint it. There is a call for art to be in a show titled "Gratitude". I think it will be stiff competition but I planned on submitting it because it would be great to see Kim hanging in a gallery. And it would be a great compliment to my gratitude. Even if it doesn't get selected, it was nice to practice a face and even nicer to finished a promise I'd made to Maple.

Here is a gif showing the progress - about 13 days had elapsed.
Two of the very earliest shots are missing, but I am getting better at taking pics.

- mm -

No comments: