2023-10-31

Thunderhead Basin : 2023-10

Thunderhead Basin
31 October 2023
Acrylic on canvas
18 x 24 in (60.9 x 45.7 cm)

The bison have a fantastic view without even searching for it.

This was the third painting I submitted for a show titled "Gratitude" - along with Colonel Grit and Places. It was the day before the deadline when I realized I could enter three paintings. One of the earlier stages of Places had buffalo in the scene. I was kind of bummed I painted over them so I made this version. I only had two days so I dropped some inhibitions and was pretty happy with the results. I almost replaced the buffalo with something else (maybe a barn) but I made myself do it since that was the original objective. Sometimes deadlines aren't such a bad thing.

Thunderhead Basin in a frame which worked out perfectly.

I didn't take many shots of the stages - probably because of the deadline.
About a day passed.

This painting was selected to be a part of the "Gratitude" event at Auric gallery.

- mm -

No comments: