2024-03-03

Places : 2024-03

Places
03 March 2024 (original 13 October 2023)
Acrylic on canvas
24 x 36 in (60.9 x 91.4 cm)

The places you go, you never know what you'll discover.

FOR SALE -

UPDATE 03 March 2024: The sky of this painting never really sat well with me so I finally changed it - after 3+ months. I also didn't really like the horizon and/or the terrain on the right. It's on a canvas stretched over a hardboard frame. Or probably more accurately, a vinyl sheet stretched over the hardboard. I have become a fan of harder surfaces (wood, hardboard, this) since there is much less give and you can really hammer the paint if needed.

Places (original) ,13 October 2023

This was painted on a repurposed canvas on board. The plan was to emphasize clouds in the sky as something for which I am every grateful. You can see in the gif below, I went through quite a few versions of the sky. I think I will make another painting with a sky similar to one of the early versions.

Gif showing the progress - about 16 days had passed.

This is the new gif starting from the previous version. About 18 hours had passed.

The picture doesn't have a frame as it is a gallery wrap canvas.

- mm -

No comments: