2024-03-01

Industrial Moon : 2024-03

Industrial Moon
01 March 2024
Acrylic on canvas
11 x 14 in (27.9 x 35.6 cm)


Fist painting of March 2024. Kimberly gave me several canvases (and paint) for Valentine's Day so I started this with on of those canvases. I also used the gifted cadmium yellow, grey and sap green. I started with the sky and wanted to stay in the shadows to emphasize that sky. The moon was a last-minute add but wanted to see how it turned out. I struggled with the foreground - trying to get the impact I was looking for. I'm pleased with the green and blue pools/blobs. Also, I think making most of the tree's hill dark was a better choice.

Gif showing some of the stages. I painted this over about 2-3 hours.

Had a frame of the correct size - though it matches pretty well.

- mm -

No comments: