2023-11-22

Christmas Robin : 2023-11

Graywood
22 November 2023
Acrylic on wood
8 x 10 in (20.3 x 25.4 cm)

The 2023 Christmas card.

This was the second block of wood I made - the first was Blackwood. Much of the project commentary is the same. This is the block on which the keyhole slot for hanging was a bit rough as it was my first attempt. The concept here was a very benign background with a bird. Robins are pretty cool so I went with it. The background was originally going to be a solid color, but I threw in a piece of fabric as if he were posing for a photo shoot or a still life. 

The gif showing the progress - about 54 days had passed. The other block took 48 days - both were stark reminders of how quickly time can pass. I liked the blue background and it would have made a good contrast, but I'm happy with the end result.

- mm -

No comments: