2023-12-01

Darling Grove : 2023-12

Darling Grove
01 December 2023
Acrylic on canvas
12 x 18 in (30.5 x 45.7 cm)
 - FOR SALE -

Moonlit snow brings a frozen grove to life.

I purchased a "Hello Darling" poster because it was a nice, smooth surface and wanted to repurpose it. There is a painting by Ivan Shishkin, In the Wild North, which I think is amazing and I was watching Bob Ross who was working with a dark sky. I thought I'd but them together for my own version. It was also about the time I was finishing my Christmas card so it was a contender. It would have worked well for that, and I might like it better. The sky was an experiment that worked out nicely and it was fun to place the snow.

The original surface and a gif showing about 26 days slipping by.

Picture isn't framed as it's a gallery canvas wrap style.

- mm -

No comments: