2023-12-02

Vets and Thanksgiving and Trees : 2023-12

Kimberly flew me to Kansas for Veteran's Day. Liberal KS to be specific and it was the Mid-America Air Museum. It was free to pilots and/or veterans so it was a great deal. They have over 100 airplanes spanning 90 years. Because they don't charge much, the airplanes aren't in the best shape, but they had some cool oddities, and it was a fun visit. The outside airplanes are pretty rough, but this Thud was perfect - looked like it just landed from the war.

One oddity I've never seen (or heard about) was the Mooney Mite. Aside from having only 65 HP, I think it would be a fun airplane to fly. On the right, another classic - the Northrup T-38 Talon. Even if these jets are marginally capable, one thing in which they always excelled was looking good. Thanks to Kimberly for the great idea of this visit!

Kimbelry and I spent Thanksgiving with our respective families. I'm not the best picture taker,
but did take these to share with her. It was great food. And my mom made me an angel food cake!

Kimberly and me posing in front of our Christmas tree. We had to borrow a saw and
beggars can't be choosy - hacksaw. Luckily we were very happy with a small tree.

The tree as we found it and as we welcomed it home.

Some hat-trying at a place that has a thousand booths of people selling stuff.

- mm -

No comments: