2024-02-29

Starfighter Tempest : 2024-02

Starfighter Tempest
29 February 2024
Acrylic on canvas
18 x 24 in (45.7 x 60.9 cm)


I love airplanes. I love flying. Starfighters are legends but, like the T-38 or F-5, what they excel at is looking good. I've been meaning to paint more airplanes so hopefully, this is a starting point. I painted a 737 in KDEN to KSFO in My Mind, but that didn't have a lot of detail. Speaking of an F-5, maybe I'll try that next. Regardless of it's combat ability, I do put the Starfighter in the line of single-engine, single-tail legends (of jets). If you care, F-86, F-100, F-104, F-105, F-16. I struggled a bit with the sky. I wanted more of a violent sky but also liked the peaceful versions. Kind of went abstract toward the end.

I lost the very first pictures, but the initial sky and earlier Starfighter sat for nine months.
After I was tired of it wasting canvas, I finished it in an evening.

In its simple wooden frame with matte black paint.


- mm -

No comments: