2024-02-09

Uncertain Dispatch : 2024-02

Uncertain Dispatch
09 February 2024
Acrylic on vinyl
16 x 20 in (40.64 x 50.8 cm)


I found a poster for flea powder and got it at a great price. I was also trying to come up with pieces for a competition with a limit of 60 strokes. I always need face practice and I wanted to do a face in 60 strokes - so I went with a face. This is more than 60 strokes, but along those lines, I wanted to keep the face less detailed. I recalled a scene in a movie when a soldier heard a weapon cock and slowly turned to look. For the time I spent on it, I was pretty happy with the result and happy with the ability to let go of some detail.

A gif showing the progress. Buying the poster and finishing the piece was over four days.

This isn't in a frame as it is a gallery wrap canvas.

- mm -

No comments: