2024-02-09

Steampunk SP : 2024-02

Steampunk SP
09 February 2024
Acrylic on canvas
16 x 20 in (40.64 x 50.8 cm)

This is in a self-portrait contest. If you're willing to vote, go here and scroll down a bit.

This was another repurpose canvas and another attempt to make the painting in 60 strokes or less. The painting was Tire Swing (my title) by JHC. I had a picture of me wearing some steampunk stuff in Walmart so I gave it a try. King Sixty was my first 60-stroke limited painting. I thought trying a human would be good for me - I can't dwell on details when you have a pre-determined stopping point. The strokes add up super fast. In the gif below, I was planning to take a pic of each stroke but that's hard once you get in the groove. If you can call it a groove. Once again, we'll see what the gallery thinks about it.

The gif showing the steps - but not all strokes. From purchase to repaint - five days.

We had found this pretty fancy frame and wanted to try it on for fun.

- mm -

No comments: