2024-05-08

Blue Dance : 2024-05

Blue Dance
08 May 2024
Acrylic on hardboard
14 x 18 in (35.6 x 45.7 cm)


I don't do/haven't done many abstract paintings, but it's not because I don't want to. When there's a tangible object or subject, it's a stretch for me to turn that into an abstract image.  When I do abstract, they tend to be inspired randomly. This is one which is more random than subject-driven. I want to begin including pure abstracts (which I label more random) and themed-abstracts (actual subjects represented abstractly). Abstracts are funny - you like them or you don't, and that tends to be immediate. That said, I guess that's true for any art. As far as the surface - the hardboard - it was cut to fit (which removes the worry of fitting a frame) and the the misty/cloudy background was a result of sanding.

Blue Dance in its frame. The hardboard was cut to fit.

- mm -

No comments: