2024-06-05

Drywall Ranch : 2024-06

Drywall Ranch
05 June 2024
Acrylic on drywall
12 x 18 in (30.5 x 45.7 cm)


I purchased a frame that was an odd size, but I also had a spare piece of drywall which needed just a trim to fit perfectly. I had also been using a can of eggshell paint with a nice blue tint. It makes a great primer, and in this case, a great sky. I like scenes where a structure (usually a single structure) is the only contrast against a prairie or open landscape. And, of course, I like clouds. Here I worked with different oranges and yellows to get the afternoon/morning light.

The gif doesn't show much since I painted it rather quickly. It does show, however, that it sat for about tens days before finishing it. Above right is the frame holding Drywall Ranch.

- mm -

No comments: