2024-07-30

Flower House : 2024-07

Flower House
30 July 2024
Acrylic on hardboard
15.3 x 54.8 in (38.9 x 139.2 cm)

This was the largest panel pulled from a discarded dollhouse - hence the name. I really like it's size while still being relatively light. Kimberly wanted a wildflower scene so this was what I came up with. I could have added more flowers, but sometimes there's beauty in simplicity.

A gif showing the progress. It covers about 53 days, which is always amazing in retrospect. I had other things pop up in June and July which really pushed it behind. It was nice to finish. Another nice thing was I had pre-fabbed the frame before painting. So it was patiently waiting to be reattached after the image was complete. It was a pleasant reward for finishing. You can see in the first frame of the gif that the surface is pretty abrased. The hardwood had a coating on it which won't let acrylic adhere very well. It will stick, but you can scratch it off with minimal effort. Therefore, I have to sand them down before painting.

In its frame which was completed before I started to paint.

- mm -

No comments: